Coverage Plus Insurance - Triple R. Coverage Corp

Your "Full Service" Insurance Agency 1-888-996-7587 or 516-887-8100



                                        Renters Insurance Coverage Basics

While your landlord has homeowners insurance coverage for the physical dwelling, as a renter, you need insurance to cover your personal property, such as clothing, furniture or electronic equipment, in the event of loss from fire or theft or other perils. Renter's insurance will also protect you if you are responsible for bodily injury or property damage to others, for example, if a visitor trips over a rug and breaks a leg. Renters personal property coverage

While your landlord should have insurance coverage for the building in which you live, you need to be aware that that coverage does not extend to protect your personal possessions. Renters insurance provides protection for your furniture and personal possessions - at home or away from home - against damage from such hazards as fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, explosion, smoke, vandalism, and plumbing leakage.

A renters policy also protects your property against practically every type of theft loss in your apartment or anywhere in the world. This personal property coverage is also called contents coverage since it insures the contents of your apartment.

You determine the value of your property and the renters premium is based on this amount. An independent agent can help you if you have questions as to the amount of personal property coverage that's right for you.

A basic renters policy covering $20,000 of contents usually costs under $200 a year.

Call for Immediate Coverage

Compare Auto Insurance Quotes and Compare Home Insurance Quotes with AgentInsure